1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Introduction.. from Italy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by CV1073, Feb 20, 2012.

1. CV1073

CV1073 New Member

Hi all

My name is Cris(tian) and I am writing from Italy
    Like 2 years ago I started to develope a strong love for USA made truck and SUV and I fell in love with a mid sized truck (not Chevy) and the mighty current model Silverado and Suburban.. and lately I discovered the late 80/early 90 Burban..

Now, in Italy those truck/SUV are hard to find, rare to see and absolutelly impractical to use due to the old style street/highway net (aka narrow street..)

Anyway, I love GM Trucks and I am starting to look around for a 88 to 91 V2500 Suburban with barn door.. easy, isn't it?
    I will study most of the post about that 'burban around, from time to time I will even ask some question.. sadly I doubt I will be able to contribute.. but I will try to do my best!

Now, I hope you all will forgive me for my poor english

Bye 4 now

Cris
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Glad you're here!
  3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club Cris and good luck on your search for the truck you are looking for!!!:great:
  4. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Welcome to the club man! Good luck on finding the truck that is right for you!
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Your English is better than some of the American-born "English-speakers" on here. hahaha

Glad to have you on the site, let's see some pictures from your country and your truck/suburban (when you get it).
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome aboard Cris.
    What part of Italy are you from?
    If you look around the U.S. Military bases in Italy and Sicily you might have better luck finding one.
    During the 80's and 90's Suburbans were the vehicle of choice for the U.S. Military stationed overseas, normally when they were replaced the old ones were sold on the local economy at auctions. During the 90's I was stationed at NAS Sigonella a couple different times, while I was there we sold a lot of those trucks at auction when their replacements came in.
    Not far from Sigonella there used to be a salvage yard owned by a very old gentleman that had at least 200 Suburbans and Chevy trucks from the early 70's on up to the mid 90's, it was out near Ponti Dei Monaci off of SP25-1 on a narrower 2 lane road about 7 km before Ramacca, I remember it very well because the place sat on a small hill that had a great view of Mt Etna.
    Might be a good place to start a search if it's still there, I havent been out there since 2001 so I'm not sure what the areas like now.
  7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome and feel free to send pinwheels of that marvelous cheese they make in Italy.
  8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I would bet your English is better than my Italian!
  9. CV1073

CV1073 New Member

Greetings Sir
    Thanks for the amazing advice! I am on th eopposite end (more or less) of italy since I am from Reggio Emilia (100km south of Milan) but it is ok: Italy is long, from up north to extreme south like 1050 miles.. so it will be way easyer to check there than to go to Germany and see what they have around there..
    Also there is the Ederle station in Vicenza, with the South Europe Command and I guess they can have cars for sale around there too.. will see the American base suggestion is something realy valuable.. made a hard thing a lot easier. I owe you one!
    BTW: Sigonella to me is equal to Silent Service, if you was in that service, let me know, I owe you two! And since I build parts for Italian Navy subs.. well those are another big love of mine (no I was not in the service, I was a GI Drill Instructor back in the day)

Thanks everybody for the welcome, I already feel at home!
    Let the quest for burban.it begin :)

Ciao

Cris
  10. BoneHead

BoneHead Member

Welcome to the Club!!!! Good luck on your search.