1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

IPCW black projector headlights... Horror stories anyone?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Jrod89, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Jrod89

Jrod89 New Member

I'm thinking of trading my stock headlights for the IPCW black projectors and I know some of you have reviewed different projectors but does anyone have any insight with this particular make? I've done some research and the IPCWs seem to be the way to go.
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have OEM projectors in my tuck so I am no help. Have you also looked at Recon and Anzo? I know a couple members swear by each of them. And a few guys mention the double halo (top and Bottom) available in the anzo
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

aftermarket projectors..... just stay away..... trust me do a proper retro like the H1 morimoto retrofit
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've always used IPCW like my tails now and If I ever had a problem (1 that I can remember) They replaced them. It was a burned out panel from the Winter salt... DSCF2577.jpg
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

I have projectors in mine... no problems. The biggest pain was aiming them... the high beams are a PITA to get to the adjustment bolts once installed. They perform way better than the factories... even in fog. I have no regrets.
  6. Jrod89

Jrod89 New Member

I see that you went with recons? Did you choose them over the others because of dependability or performance or did you just go with them out of preference?
  7. Jrod89

Jrod89 New Member

Ok, so I found some LED tail lights by recon for sale that someone had bought but never used. They are on the way. When they come in I will be adding the high output LED reverse bulb and then installing them! I'll post pics when I'm done.
  8. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

I went with them because of user reviews.... and because I liked the design. I wanted clear lines... didn't want anything interfering with the light. They are so bright even on the lows I have people flashing me thinking I have my brights on.