1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

iPod, iPad, Android phone Connection for Chevy Radio

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Megasaurus, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

What's the best way to use my mobile device when going down the road? I'm willing to get a new deck, I'd like it to be wireless and work when I get in so I can use the on-screen commands. I have an old iPod but might get something like a new DroidX or something like another Droid or android phone.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

A lot of head units can take bluetooth connections, some of the new 2011's have USB ports to plug in straight so that's a bonus as well. Otherwise you should have an audio-input jack to put a male-to-male headphone jack connection (I know that's not wireless).

I'm not aware of any headunits that do WiFi, that's would be impressive. I just got a new Android phone and I LOVE IT! Plus, I'm on MetroPCS and it's only $50 per month for UNLIMITED PHONE AND DATA plan! 90% of the time when I'm using it, I'm on WiFi so it doesn't matter what the connection speed it, this is the best purchase I've made in the last six months.