Is a 2012 equal to a 2011?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by steved, May 16, 2012.

1. steved

steved Former Member

OK, I'm considering buying an cat-back exhaust for this 2012 2500HD...but I'm not having much luck.

I have found two vendors (FlowMaster and DynoMax) that have a listing for 2012, they also list a 2011? If the 2012 is the same as a 2011, then my choices are much more broad. I'm really looking to invest in a 304 stainless system, but if I'm limited to FlowMaster and DynoMax; its not worth the headache of 409 stainless.

2. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

I had the same problem as you. I believe 2011 was the first yr for fully boxed frame rails so existing exhaust systems for 2010 and older will not fit. I was ready to order one from Gibson and I had the guy check and nope won't fit. I called Banks and after months of bugging them they called me when they made their Monster Exhaust for the 2011 2500HD 6.0 crew cab standard bed. Part # is 48352. I installed it on my 2011 last July and love it, added some more power and sounds awesome. Little loud at highway speeds especially with my 30 Keystone hitched up. I put a youtube video up last month too so you hear it if you want http://youtu.be/glBkfp_Nb2c

3. steved

steved Former Member

How much did that Banks set you back? Does it have any drone/resonation in the cab?

4. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes it does have some drone while accelerating but at 65 in 6th gear its minimal. When you take off it does sound sweet. I want to say I paid around $600 delivered. Call Banks direct and bargain with them, they email me specials every other weekend. I'm sure they will be discounting for memorial day. I saw the this setup on some websites for over $1K