Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Is bumper to bumper warranty transferrable?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by yogi799, Oct 27, 2013.

1. yogi799

yogi799 New Member

I am about to buy a used Suburban (2013) and have a question about warranty. Two sources so far have managed to confuse me completely.

It seems clear from this one (http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/services/chevrolet/warranty/new-vehicle-limited-warranty#) that the powertrain 5-yr warranty is transferrable but there is no mention if the 3-yr bumper to bumper is too. They have (purposely?) not answered that question in the FAQs either. Does it mean they are trying to quietly screw the new owners of slightly used cars (less than 3yrs and below 60k kms) out of the b2b warranty?

Does someone know for sure? thanks

Basic Warranty Coverage (including tires)

• First 3 years or 60,000 km, whichever comes first, coverage against defects in material or workmanship.
    • Tire Coverage – The tires supplied with your vehicle are covered against defects in material or workmanship (wear-out is not considered a defect).
    Powertrain Component Warranty

• First 5 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first.
    • $0 deductible on repairs.
    • Warranty is fully transferable at no extra charge.
    • Engine Coverage (some exclusions).
    • Transmission/Transaxle Coverage (some exclusions).
    • Transfer Case Coverage (some exclusions).
    • Drive System Coverage (some exclusions).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

yes you get the balance of the unused 60,000 or 3 yr ... go to a dealer and inquire about one of their used 2012 or 2013's that have under 60,000km and ask. Or look on the internet and call and ask about how much of the new car warranty is left...
    I purchase a used 2009 that had 25,000km on it and had warranty work done, no problems...

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree, it is transferable. That being said, if you purchase at a dealer I would look into getting an extended b2b warranty.