1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Is DUAL flowmaster 40's worth it??

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by jdcountryboy91, Oct 4, 2009.

1. I am curious whether or not it is worth the cost to go "true dual" with flowmaster 40's or not with the 5.3 in 2002 tahoe. thanks.

2. 06SCSilverado

06SCSilverado New Member

here are my true duals 250 is what i paid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGOAxZnXxcs"]YouTube - MOV07120[/ame]

def worth it

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

IMHO, no. Went with a 3" catback magnaflow and very happy with it. Less than $400 including the cat.

4. 06SCSilverado

06SCSilverado New Member

the set up i have really doesn't give you that much hp gains being that i just had the factory muffler removed and ran duals out the back but i love the sound of flows

5. 06SCSilverado, Are those 3" pipes and flowmaster 40's? sounds nice!!

6. 06SCSilverado

06SCSilverado New Member

yep exact set up...if you are looking for a cheap solution i would suggest that

7. A1CMason

A1CMason Rockstar

I got dual 40's sounds really good, not too expensive either...de. worth it

8. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

It really depends on you. If you are just trying to add some flare to your truck then get whatever you think looks and sounds best.

I personally am not a dual exaust kinda guy and for just pure function my single Magnaflow does more than fine and I have my truck running mid 11's now with only the single.

As always, it's your call and that's my two cents :)

9. I would like whatever gives that 5.3 the loudest, deepest rumble. Just wasnt sure if there would be a huge difference going with true duals.

10. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of duals either but if I were you I'd go to the local muffler man and ask about the flowmaster knock-off's. Mine was $125 installed and it sounds great! couldn't be happier and nobody can hear or see a difference so why pay more than you have to?