Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is EFI Live worth it?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by PantheraUncia, Mar 22, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I am looking at a Dmax soon and all I hear about is how EFI Live is the way to go.... so I do some research....

1. The only way to contact them is email (They don't want to talk to you)
    2. You can't get a hand held tuner alone, you have to go to an authorized reseller and have then tune the truck first, if they do a horrible job your engine can blow up or run crappy, if they do a good job, life is great.... (They do not have quality control over their authorized dealers and tuners)
    3. Their authorized dealers are spotty..... there isn't even one in each state, but some states have 4 authorized dealers.
    4. Should I just use the Diablo Sport Intune I have for my gasser and keep the tuning on the "safe" side.... when I go diesel.
    5. I called 15 authorized dealers over 12 states and every single one required me to leave a voice mail, some of them sounded like they work out of their basement... (really reassuring) ....Am I going to trust you with my truck, probably not.

Right now I am really turned off by the amount of information and quality control by EFI Live.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive heard that the dieselguys love efi live. ive also heard that they love bullydog. couldnt tell you which way to go. maybe stick with the diablo for a while and do more research, or, pony the cash for a full dyno tune....

Alex
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Banks is another name to look into. I know they have built some BadA$$ diesel's as some of their project trucks.
  4. dobey

dobey Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

+1 for Banks. They've been around for half a century, and even drag race diesels. http://www.bankspower.com/
  5. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

If you're looking to get your truck tuned using EFI Live then go to someone who has a great reputation such as Black bear Performance or someone similar. You can also buy the EFI programmer and tune it yourself, but if you don't know what youre doing then you'll mess the truck up.