1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Is it a 3 or 4 speed?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by marge1990, Oct 20, 2007.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. marge1990

marge1990 New Member

I tryed to purchase a transmission filter for my 1990 GMC V2500 4x4. Apparently, this Suburban came with either a 3 or 4 speed tranny. Since I just bought it and have not driven it, I chose the 4 speed filter. However, I went out for a ride this afternoon (finally got it registered) and I could only count 3 speeds. Does anyone know for a fact what type of transmission I may have? I have a 5.7 engine on it. By the way, 5.7 ltr is equal to what....a 318, 350, etc?

2. TA Dave

TA Dave Member

The 5.7 is a 350, very durable motor.

The shift indicator on the column will show either PRND21 0r PRNO321 with the O being OD.

1 person likes this.