1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is it a bad idea to use 225/75/15 tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by i_build, Oct 2, 2009.

1. i_build

i_build Rockstar

99 Sub with the oe mags. The door label says 235/75/15 but I have someone bassically giving me the 225's dont know if that would mess things up or not or even mount on the mag right. If anyone knows please advise. Thanks.
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Unless your getting 5 tires, the only real problem would be that you shouldn't put the spare in your rotation pattern. There are any fitment issues, but the other thing to consider is the load rating. You definitely want a light truck tire, not a passenger car tire.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I, too, was given a set of 225's, but they looked really small on Da Bus. They should mount up and work fine for you, they're just a little skinnier.

Good luck,
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

And shorter......
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You are correct. 6/10ths of an inch shorter.
    You can compare tire sizes with the calculator in another of my posts: GMTC

[​IMG]
  6. i_build

i_build Rockstar

Thanks guys.