1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is it normal for the trim molding on Chevy Silverado to turn pinkish color?? Help?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by anewfoundsin, Jul 1, 2011.

1. anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin New Member

Hello. My 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext Cab LS has pinkish coloring to both sides of the "trim molding" (the thin stripe that stretches from the door to the ext cab). Is this normal? How can I wash it or clean it off? Any suggestions? Thanks :)
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

It could be the paint peeling off the trim piece. Can you provide a pic of the issue?
  3. anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin New Member

IMG_2200.jpg IMG_2197.jpg

Here you go! Sorry for the late reply. i would appreciate it!

4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

Looks like the paint from the trim piece is fading but I'm not sure. Try washing it off w/ soap and water and if that doesn't work maybe try a pressure washer (from a distance!) on it's lowest setting and see what that does.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I am going to go out on a limb and say it's what your cleaning it with, you wouldn't by chance be using any meguires products on that would you? Reason I ask is because there gold class wax actually turned my s10 molding white, and it was previously black which is why I debadged the truck lol! I have never seen molding turn pink though......
  6. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

It looks like it is more along the top of the trim than say uniformly across it. That would make me suspect aging or exposure to the elements. Have you had the truck since it was new? The trim looks to be factory original unless it is an after market replacement. You might try Tricia in the Ask GM Customer Service forum if there have been any complaints or other trucks with a similar problem.

It is a long shot but component quality issues have impacted some trucks and not others.
  7. I believe it is fading. My cousin has a tan crew cab, tan molding but it is fading the same way as yours except its not pinkish. I assuming the white fading molding turns pinkish :neutral:
  8. anewfoundsin

anewfoundsin New Member

thanks.

Where can I buy replacement trim moldings? Any links?
  9. I would like to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. It may also be helpful to include the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  10. 4wheeln

4wheeln New Member

Interested if there was a resolution. I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab and have the same issue. Noticed several on the internet.
    I just called GM Service and they are arranging an investigation meaning go to the dealer, let them look and report back.

Best Regards