1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is it possible for me to get my Chevy's front end looking like this?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Mazer18, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Mazer18

Mazer18 New Member

deletedelete
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think it's possible, I've been in the 1500, 2500 and 3500, so I'll have a closer look when I see them together again. There isn't anything dramatically different about the front clip between them I don't think.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I doubt anyones done this swap yet.
    Get the tape measure out and start taking measurements, check part numbers and compare with the part numbers on your front end.
  4. Metro12

Metro12 New Member

I don't think it will work, not at least without replacing the front bumper as well. If you look at the measurement, on the front, just under the headlamp assembly on the 1500, the offset from the bumper and the piece under the headlamp is about 1in. On the 2500, its about 3 inches. The 2500 is up higher off the ground. The middle bumper part sits lower, so the grill is taller, and the side piece under the headlights makes up the diffrence.

Did that make sense?
  5. Metro12

Metro12 New Member

Ok, visuals! The distance from the top of the flare bumper/headlight assembly, to the top of the center bumper on the 1500 is about 1 in-
    [​IMG]

The distance on the same parts for the 2500 looks to be about 3 inches-
    [​IMG]
  6. tbplus10

I'd compare the part numbers for the headlight assembly, they look a lot alike. That would be a good place start.
  7. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

The top of the 2500 grille also looks different. I would stick with like models. I would replace just the grille and see how you like it.
  8. tbplus10

You might be able to combine the horizontol chrome bumper with your endcaps and an aftermarket replacement grill designed for the WT trucks. The end caps are paintable so you can pain them to match or leave them black.