1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

is their a difference?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 5speedsilverado, Jun 17, 2009.

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well I noticed that is says that it WON'T fit your Silverado, that looks exactly like the one I had in my old truck except mine was silver and red. US Speedo is a very high quality product, I couldn't see why there would be a difference unless the lights in the dash (ABS, CEL) might be in a different place in your truck versus an automatic. Here's a pic of mine for reference, I would call and ask them about that though because they might not let you return it once it's out of the box.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3032&stc=1&d=1245280753
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. 5speedsilverado

i know their is probably one light difference, and that is that i have a light that comes on to tell me when the best time to shift it, but i dont even pay attention to it any more,

here is mine, it does look the same, just no transmission place

[​IMG]
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It should be the same other than the gear indicators. For the sake of an overlay, the only thing to worry about is gauge positions and lights. All the gauges are in the same place, and on a close-up view, it appears that the overlay you are looking at uses a silver-colored mesh or translucent material with no specific location for lights, and lights are in the same positions, so they will all show through.

The only issue you will face is that the markings and light openings for the auto trans will be noticeable. This won't affect fitment though, so it will fit your truck.
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

hey where did you get that cluster at? looks sick

5speed yes there the same.
  6. TRPLXL2

Well it actually came on my old truck from Regency, but it is a US Speedo which has the red underlay and then they just put the Regency logo on it. Stylin Trucks sells the exact same one complete one piece design, they also have orange, blue, green, black, silver and a bunch of other colors. I am going to put a green one in my new truck, but they are kind of pricey at $209 for the complete unit.
  7. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if you take out your red one, i call dibbs on it :)
  8. 5speedsilverado

9. TRPLXL2

Hell if I would have known that somebody would have wanted it I would have taken it out, the guy said he was going to change it out too! I had a spare oem cluster for the Silverado too, but yah it is gone now. I couldn't see putting it in a green truck, so I am going to go with a new set of gauges for my new truck. I am trying to find something really funky though, I have done the flame thing too so I will be looking for a while.
  10. 5speedsilverado