1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is there a fuse on driver side dash panel with Ign power?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Quarterwave, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Quarterwave

Quarterwave New Member

I need to put a 2way in my buddys truck, it's an 09 2500 and I cannot find a switched fuse on the internal panel to save my rear.

I have an 06 1500 and I put my 2way in when it was 2 weeks old, and don't remember having any issue finding a fuse.

Are there any fuses that are switched on the internal panel? If not, how is that possible...or are all of those out under the hood. The wiring in some of these vehicles seems so over complicated...and I have done work on Ambulances and Firetrucks years ago....and THAT is complicated.

Thanks.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Very little is switched with the ignition these days, everything is computer controlled and "commanded" on, or off.

Under the dash are some wiring points, look for terminal panels that have a plastic cover. These panel provide connections for the factory wiring and provide a convenient connection point for aftermarket "stuff".

You'll find "hot" and "switched" 12v inside.