Is There A Second Row Overhead Console?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by cdvntx, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

I bought my '99 'Burb used and there is a cut in the headliner and a rather large footprint indented into the fabric. It looks way too large for a DVD player. Does GM have a console for the 2nd row seats as well?[​IMG]

2. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i cant remember what year it was, but my dads old burban had heat and air controls for the back seat stationed in the headliner of the second row

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My 1998 LS has the heat/ac controls there, but they are in a built in bulge with vents.

Maybe that was some add on-like you said a dvd-that the PO removed?

It doesn't look uniform enough to be an oem installation-the edges are kinda uneven?

Luck,

Charlie

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My 97 has rear seat HVAC controls and ducts in that area. I've also seen DVD players mounted there. Like someone else posted yours looks like the PO removed an aftermarket DVD player. The install marks arent factory.

5. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Yeah, y'all are probably right. I really don't want to put a dvd player in, as it would be something very rarely used. I might fabricate something to put up there, I just don't know what at this point...