1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this a good deal for wheel/tire pull-offs?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wmkess, Oct 16, 2012.

1. wmkess

wmkess Member 1 Year

A friend of a friend sells pull-offs of the newer factory 18" wheels along with the factory Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires for $900/set. He said they are practically new, having come off of brand new trucks where the owner immediately upgraded to larger tires after buying the vehicle. I've found the same pull-offs online and they seem to average about $1300-1400 from what I've seen. Seems like a great deal to me but figured I'd ask for opinions from other forum members.

Also, my truck has the factory 17" alloy wheels with Michelin street tires (about 30% tread life left)...the going rate for those online looks to be about $350/set. Seem right or is that high or low in your opinions?

BTW, I have yet to get a pic of my truck posted here. Hopefully I can get that done soon. Feel free to call me out if you think these newer wheels would look bad on my truck (2005 1500 Z71, ex cab, silver birch metallic).
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive seen a few older (03-07 classic) with the newer rims, and i think they look nice. is this for chevy or gmc rims? you dont have it posted what you have (chevy/gmc) either way, its not a bad deal. tire rack has the dueler a/ts listed for about 160 a piece. thats 660 for 4 tires. plus the rims? cant hardly beat it.

im guessing you have 265/75/R17s now, goinbg to some 265/65/R18s would be almost the same, so your speedometer would still be close.

if I were you id keep the rims you have, then you can have a nice summer and winter set of rims if you want, i realize alabama isnt much for snow, but if you move or whatever a spare set might be nice.

i say go for it.

Alex
  3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds good.
    If you don’t plan on going with larger tires for a while (ifat all), you also need them soon. If you like the rims and want to go 18”. Youare about to spend about $800 on tires soon anyway. Right?
  4. wmkess

wmkess Member 1 Year

That's right. I'll be needing new tires soon and was planning on just getting new A/T tires as I'm not really interested in going any bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, mine is a Chevy. And here in Alabama there isn't a need for two sets. In my case, getting a little cash for my stock ones would just be extra incentive to go ahead and upgrade. I'm hoping the high population of cheap rednecks (I'm one of them lol) around here would help in getting the ones pulled off of my truck sold easily.
  5. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Then I would say go for it
  6. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with [MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION] , it is a good deal if you are going to buy new tires soon anyway. If you sell the rims you have then you will be getting new tires and a set of free rims.
  7. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Im a big fan of the new style rims on the older body style trucks, that seems like a good deal to me do it. Btw Roll tide
  8. Patman

Patman Rockstar

when you do end up doing it post some pics... i was thinking of doing the same thing.
  9. wmkess

wmkess Member 1 Year

Alright, I will be sure to do that.