Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Is this a good guess?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by m.gauthier, Sep 26, 2009.

1. m.gauthier

m.gauthier New Member

Ok...heres whats goin on

My truck has been running funny, and after a whole bunch of guessing I came to the conclusion that i have a fouled plug somewhere, but i never got a chance to check it because ive been working two jobs.

Well, tonight i went to crank the truck up, and when its cold i always have to double pump the key so i dont ruin the starter...well this time after the first pump of the key, i stopped it, when i went to turn the truck over, all i got was aclicking sound. is it possible that the truck wont turn over because it is stuck on the combustion stroke on that cylinder, and since the plug is fouled, it wont turn over? i am goin check it out tomorow morning but i just want some ideas just in case.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

No
    More than likely you've got a bad electrical connection or a bad battery.
    Or if your really unlucky you lost a timing chain.
    Unless you have extremely high compression it wouldnt stick on the combustion stroke a factory starter has a lot of low end torque. If your compression was that high youd likely be blowing out cylinder head gaskets.

3. m.gauthier

m.gauthier New Member

So i popped open my hood and went through checking things and my distributor rotates if i twist it. is this normal?

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That would be considered a bad thing.
    Whats rotating the whole outer housing or the button?
    If its the outer housing check the hold down bolt below it, you'll have to set it as close as you can get to the original setting before it got loose and then adjust with a timing light.
    If its the button the first thing to check is the gear on the bottom of the distributer shaft.
    Either way I think you have big problems.

5. m.gauthier

m.gauthier New Member

Gotta tighten the hold down bolt. Theres my rough idle issue ive been having probably. And my starter is bad. Theres my clicking noise. Thanks for the help