1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is this a good Projector Headlight?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 98ls10, Nov 12, 2010.

1. 98ls10

98ls10 New Member

I just finished putting my ddmtuning HID's in and im very happy. I bought the 35w 5000k kit with the harness. Only thing I wasnt happy with was the connectors for the battery (way small). Other than that, A+ :happy:

Heres the question:
    Would these be a smart upgrade for my 2001 z71?
    http://www.xtralights.com/99-02chev...uburbanhaloprojectorheadlights-blackpair.aspx

I want to upgrade to a better housing for a number of reason:
    The glare to oncoming vehicles is like any other HID in a stock housing.
    Want a better pattern and light distribution.
    They look 100 times better then the stockers...

So if anybody has ever used this brand of headlight or heard ab them, any input is appreciated! Also, any other brand for around this price
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

hey Stevo !!!----I don't have any experience with this, just a suggestion about surfing on the Web you might use----you should be able to use a search engine and find the projectors, and then do a product comparison for wattage/distance/beam angle ,etc.----good luck !!!
  3. 98ls10

98ls10 New Member

Thanx for your input! Ive searched the web a decent amount and read a lot of reviews (aren't always true, but they can help). I did find out that a fair amount r a pain to install or hard to adjust...
    Havent found a product comparison like you are talking about that shows wattage/distance/etc, but that is a good idea! ill keep my eyes open for one