1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Is your town losing its GM dealership?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by unplugged, May 8, 2009.

1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

With GM expecting to cut the dealership count by 2600, one may be closing near you soon. The town I leave near, has only two GM dealers. One that sells Caddy's and Chevy's and the other selling Pontiac, Buick, and GMC. No closures yet, but I expect that with current sales volumes that they may have to merge.

I have seen dealers close in other cities, just nothing local yet.
  2. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

There are plenty of GM dealers around here. We could use to lose a few of 'em. Hopefully the crap dealers will go first and not some of the ones that actually have good service.
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not in my town, actually, our town all three dealerships are owned by the same guy. Ford, Chrysler and GM, the Ford and Chrysler are even on the same lot, and the guy is a prick, I go 30 mins away to the Zumbrota Chevy lot and he is awesome!
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We've lost one dealership that I know of Bruce Bissel in Ajax...RIP