1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

issue of 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Pysio, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Pysio

Pysio New Member

Hello everyone!
    I found an interesting Chevi Tahoe in 1998 but I am worried about one thing when drives are turned on (4x4) on each gear change feels a tug at each gear ratio. I have a Suburban from 2001 and the 4x4 does not feel any jerks. Please advice. If my subject is founded in the wrong section please move thanks
    Piotr
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Since you said it's jerking when the 4x4 is engaged it could be an issue with the transfer case, either that or the transmission. But since it's only when the 4wd is engaged, I'm leaning towards the transfer case being the culprit.
  3. Pysio

Pysio New Member

owner repair the control panel transmission(I don't know to good write). In my Suburban is no such thing. It is this feeling that every race as it comes to feel it. Even as I stood in the place and turned on the 4x4 it was like to jerk. Maybe it's normal? I never had a tahoe or less than 2000 years suburbana why I ask.
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The 4x4 selector module (on the dash to the left of the steering wheel) is notorious for going bad. Since you already replaced the switch from what I understand, try changing the fluid in the transfer case and see if that will solve the problem.