1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

issue with programming keyless entry remote

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Matt 278, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Matt 278

Matt 278 New Member

I have a 2004 Chevy Silverado with power door locks. I bought the truck second hand and I didn't get any remotes from him. I bought a remote on ebay and I'm going through the process to program the remotes and it confirms the programming before I can push the lock and unlock buttons to program the remote. I'm wondering if the truck is set up for keyless entry, is there a way to tell? I assume it is because the truck is able to go into programming mode. Any help would be great!!!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:To the Site Matt.......the way to find out if your 04" has/came with Remote Keyless Entry, is inside your Glove Box, is a White Sticker, and that is the Service Parts I.D. Tag and on it you will see the Vin # Number and a Series of Letter's and Number's, those are RPO Codes, which stands for Regular Production Options, in short what that Silverado came with from the Factory......the RPO Code for the Remote Keyless Entry is.....AU0