1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

issues with idle

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by BigRed2500, Aug 29, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. BigRed2500

BigRed2500 New Member

ok so this is gonna be a lil long im stuck and i really wanna get this issue fixed

i bought my 1988 silverado 2500 350 2wd for 1200 from a friend of ours body was in amazing condition and supposedly she had a rebuilt motor put in and had only put 8k miles on it so i figured this was an amazing deal. well since i first drove it home i really have never felt the power of the 350 i thought the truck should have. well i started doing the typical tune ups anyone would do when you first get a used vehicle. changing filters, spark plugs, running carb/injector cleaner through the tank and after i ran the injector cleaner through the idle started fluctuating up and down and sometimes it dies cuz it goes down to far. i have changed the tps-throttle positioning sensor, egr valve, spark plugs, i did some research on the brain box and found out that the service number i needed was 1227747 but i had a brain box out of a 88 s-15 for a v6 motor but when i put the proper serial number brain box in the truck it wont stay started at all it will start and die instantly. please throw me some ideas that i could look into to get this fixed. im so lost as to where to turn next. pls any ideas will help.