1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It finally broke

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by KidHauler, Jul 30, 2009.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hey, my driver side door handle bezel broke just above the lock cylinder, so I need to replace it.

So, as this was one of the first questions I asked when I joined here, does anyone have, or know where to get, a set of door handles from the Topkick, Kodiak, HD chassis trucks?

I want to replace all four handles, but would settle for the fronts for now.

Thanks for any leads,
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check around your area for a heavy duty truck sales center. We have 5 within 40 miles of us and they all have a parts department. I have bought stuff for our 6500 chevy but, I haven't bought handles. They may have some in stock or at least be able to order them for you. Even a large truck stop with a service center may be able to lead to a local dealer.
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might want to check out Ebay as well. IIRC, there was a guy on there that always had door handles and the associated parts.
  4. KidHauler

Thanks, guys.

I found the handles once at the GMC dealer near GR, but they were 85 bucks a door. I'm trying for a little cheaper. I'll try eBay again, they've never had them when I'm looking.

Hey, tattooed, were you up the lake a couple of weeks ago? There was a truck camped near me that looked a lot like your sig. Just curious.

Dusty
  5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I was camping a couple of weeks ago in decatur at leisure valley.
  6. KidHauler

Ok. I was at Higgins Lake.

There was a 2dr that matched the outer description of yours, right down to the tires.

Ya' never know, it's a small world.

See ya.