It finally broke

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by KidHauler, Jul 30, 2009.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hey, my driver side door handle bezel broke just above the lock cylinder, so I need to replace it.

So, as this was one of the first questions I asked when I joined here, does anyone have, or know where to get, a set of door handles from the Topkick, Kodiak, HD chassis trucks?

I want to replace all four handles, but would settle for the fronts for now.

Thanks for any leads,

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check around your area for a heavy duty truck sales center. We have 5 within 40 miles of us and they all have a parts department. I have bought stuff for our 6500 chevy but, I haven't bought handles. They may have some in stock or at least be able to order them for you. Even a large truck stop with a service center may be able to lead to a local dealer.

3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You might want to check out Ebay as well. IIRC, there was a guy on there that always had door handles and the associated parts.

4. KidHauler

Thanks, guys.

I found the handles once at the GMC dealer near GR, but they were 85 bucks a door. I'm trying for a little cheaper. I'll try eBay again, they've never had them when I'm looking.

Hey, tattooed, were you up the lake a couple of weeks ago? There was a truck camped near me that looked a lot like your sig. Just curious.

Dusty

5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I was camping a couple of weeks ago in decatur at leisure valley.

6. KidHauler

Ok. I was at Higgins Lake.

There was a 2dr that matched the outer description of yours, right down to the tires.

Ya' never know, it's a small world.

See ya.