Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

It Stalled On A Test Drive...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Big_Blue, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Big_Blue

Big_Blue New Member

Seriously!

1991 Burb - 1500 - 5.7 (K) - 4x4 - 700R4 HD - 141,085

It started right up, the guy took it around the parking lot, we went down the road and it stalled. Started right back up the first time, but it stalled again! The second time, it took about 1 minute for it to get started. Going down the road and riding the hammer, it seems fine and hauls. This was after I dropped the guy off back at his car.

Check engine light is on, but I am unable to pull the codes. When I try, the SES flashes non-stop 2-3 / second.

The fuel filter was replaced not too long ago, but I will pick up another one today. The fuel pump relay looks to be orginial - if I'm looking at the right relay! Where is it at on the truck? I searched the forums, but didn't find what I was looking for. Could that do it?

Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. zach45

zach45 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

she loves you and dont wanna go

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How many miles?
    how many on the filter?

4. Big_Blue

Big_Blue New Member

I love her too, lol!

There is roughly 1000 miles on the filter. It has been changed out in the last year. On my lunch break, I replaced the IAC and the fuel pump relay. It seemed to make a little bit of a difference, it still stalled on the way back to work, but it started up easier and idled at a lower rpm.

I did get a new fuel filter, just didn't have quite enough time.

Is the fuel pump variable speed?