1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

It's alive!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by donthekawguy, Nov 25, 2010.

1. donthekawguy

donthekawguy New Member

I finally got my truck going. It sat for at least 3 years and before that it was only used around a farm. I had to replace the drivers side tank and sending unit, fuel pump, a ton of cracked hoses, the battery and alternator. I also changed the oil and anti freeze of course. It ran really rough so I added a can of sea foam to the 5 gallons of gas and revved it hard for a while. The sea foam did it's job and now it runs smooth. The tranny is leaking from the shifter seal so that will be next when it warms up a little from the below zero temps we are having. There is still a lot to do but it's running now and a blast to drive! One more Chevy saved from the wrecking yard! Future plans include-replacing a bad valve seal, drain and replace the brake fluid, power wash the motor and put on new valve cover gaskets, clean and rattle can the underside , roll on bed liner, tires and put a working stereo in. Next year I'm thinking big block, big tires and big axles. :party:

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear it works! Got any pics of your truck? Oh, and welcome to the GMTC:great:

3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Nice! I'm glad you've got a truck you can use!

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds like you have been busy...congratulations!!!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Real glad you shared that with us.Another reason why CHEVY trucks rock.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well sounds like your close enough to a full restoration.. might as well swing in the BBC!!