It's alive!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by donthekawguy, Nov 25, 2010.

1. donthekawguy

donthekawguy New Member

I finally got my truck going. It sat for at least 3 years and before that it was only used around a farm. I had to replace the drivers side tank and sending unit, fuel pump, a ton of cracked hoses, the battery and alternator. I also changed the oil and anti freeze of course. It ran really rough so I added a can of sea foam to the 5 gallons of gas and revved it hard for a while. The sea foam did it's job and now it runs smooth. The tranny is leaking from the shifter seal so that will be next when it warms up a little from the below zero temps we are having. There is still a lot to do but it's running now and a blast to drive! One more Chevy saved from the wrecking yard! Future plans include-replacing a bad valve seal, drain and replace the brake fluid, power wash the motor and put on new valve cover gaskets, clean and rattle can the underside , roll on bed liner, tires and put a working stereo in. Next year I'm thinking big block, big tires and big axles. :party:

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear it works! Got any pics of your truck? Oh, and welcome to the GMTC:great:

3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Nice! I'm glad you've got a truck you can use!

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds like you have been busy...congratulations!!!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Real glad you shared that with us.Another reason why CHEVY trucks rock.

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well sounds like your close enough to a full restoration.. might as well swing in the BBC!!