1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ive got the worst luck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 06piney, Mar 16, 2009.

1. 06piney

06piney Rockstar 100 Posts

I was answering a fire call last night for a MVA and on the way to the station some genius decided to blow his red light while i was coming through with my blue light going, horn blasting and everything.

long story short he hits my passenger side rear wheel and blew the wheel up pretty bad, It ended up ripping the front end off of his mini van and i only ended up with a small dent on my passenger side and a busted up wheel. Im driving around on the spare tire now until i buy anew wheel b/c it aint worth payin my deductable for something i can fix cheaper myself.

Now the guy is trying to say i blew the red light and that the accident was my fault. Thankfully the officer that responded to the call was heading to the same fire call that i was and was only ten seconds down the road as i had passed him before with my lights on and he decided to follow. He told me that the report would most likely come out as a no fault and he would have to put the claim through his insurance and my rates will not go up hopefully.

I cant believe that I bought my truck just over a month ago and already I have two accidents on the thing and its already cost me over four hundred dollars to fix.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sorry to here about your bad luck. It has to get better.
  3. zachh1020

zachh1020 Rockstar 100 Posts

Damn than sucks. I hope everything works out.
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that sucks
  5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dang! Sorry to hear about your luck man.
  6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That stinks. Gives you a reason to look at some nice rims though,
  7. 06piney

06piney Rockstar 100 Posts

yeah, i think im just going to buy the 1 OEM replacement for now, and save up money for some mickey t beadlocks
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have the M/T beadlocks on my 05 Silverado. I like em but when you install beadlock they say torque to 10 ft lbs and they mean 10ft lbs. I had brand new Snap-On torque wrench and like a dummy I set it at 12ft lbs (I now have new glasses so I can see little #s) Well I stripped the first bolt (Oh Sh**) Fixed and theve been good wheels. Also put a very little dab of antiseize on the bolts,to much and it slings the excess all over the tires. (dont ask how I know that). Your bad luck has to change. Be careful.
  9. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck man, glad you weren't hurt though.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd recommend you get the rear axle checked out by a mechanic, side hits on a wheel can cause a lot of damage, wheels rolling in the direction of the truck can take a terrific amount of punishment but hits from the side can easily cause seal damage, bearing damage and differential damage.