ive heard both?????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Jimbo74, May 2, 2009.

1. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

ive heard that a body lift will void ur factory warranty and ive heard that it wont. i had one on my old 01 and never had any problems outa my local chevy dealership but now a days they might be more strict especially with the economy . anybody really no if it will void the warranty
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member

i know when i got my truck back in 06 they said that any suspension alterations will void the power train warranty because it works everything harder. but i put 265/70r17 on it, and they didn't care
  3. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

a body lift doesnt alter the suspension it just lifts the cab and bed . i no that a suspension lift voids the warranty but ive heard that a body lift will and ive heard it wont
  4. AJ's Sierra

AJ's Sierra New Member

what u should do is just go to your dealer and ask them. i did that and they said it can void it to an extent. like if you need to control then they could void that warranty but if say your oil leaks or something then that warranty is still good...hope that made sense lol.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

Ask your dealer as mentioned before. I asked my service manager before lifting my truck and he explained that hubs and suspension componants would not be covered after being altered, but everything not related to the lift (injectors, engine stuff, etc.) would still be covered.
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

A body lift will not void your warranty unless it can be proved the item requiring work failed due to the body lift.

Dealerships may tell you different but you need to remind them of the Magnusen Moss Warranty act and its stipulations, never let them get away with telling you they dont have to abide by this Federal act, all new vehicle manufacturers in the U.S. must abide by this regulation.
    If you cant reach an agreement on a disputed warranty repair you can also take the issue to arbitration, arbitrators normally know the Magnusen Moss act very well.

I included a great reference to the Magnusen Moss Warranty act.

http://www.free-lemon-law-guide.com/the-magnusson-moss-act.php
  7. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member

lucky, my dealer told me the power train wouldn't be covered because of the bigger tires. but i put the 265's on and they didn't care. they didn't even notice:great:
  8. masterfoxscout

masterfoxscout New Member

TBplus hit it right on the money. I've had a suspension lift on my truck since 6 months after I bought it off the showroom. I have no once had to pay for repair work. I have had the pitman arm replaced, ball joints replaced, and the passenger side wheel bearing assembly replaced and I have not paid a dime. All three of those parts could have went to crap b/c of the lift, off road beatings, or just part failure.

Unless they have proof that the aftermarket product directly contributed to or was the cause of "X" component's failure, then they have no leg to stand on.
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  9. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member

thank u tbplus10