jack knife repair estimate

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by 2k1Silverado, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

You can find a whole bed somewhere cheaper than that of course...but then you're looking at paint to match too.

Or you could have your girl fork out the cash for the repair.

2. 2k1Silverado

2k1Silverado New Member

Well I got really lucky and found a bed the same color for $550. I'm going to get it tomorrow and yes she's paying for it. So it's all good lol.

3. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Good news for you...not so much for her lol.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

She should pay you for your trouble, too ... in unquantifiable ways. :)

5. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

That estimate seems reasonable. Try to get the bedside through LMC or another company. Usually replacement panels from shops are increased in price so the shop can make up for the loss in labor from replacement instead of repair. You wouldn't want to repair that panel anyway since the dent needs pushed out and the slice welded (you will see the weld in the right light anyway).

I would make the girlfriend pay for it. I made my gf's cousin buy me a new bumper when she backed into my car a few years back. It wasn't your fault and you shouldn't have to pay for it all. If you're further in your relationship than just gf (living together, sharing bills, etc), you need to work together to pay for the repairs.

6. 2k1Silverado

2k1Silverado New Member

So I got the new bed put on just haven't had time to post. It's a stepside and it bolts right up, just had to do some bumper modification. Will post pics tomorrow after I figure out why smoke was coming out from under the hood tonight.... :((

7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow, one problem leads to another, huh? I'm glad you got the bed at least, and glad the gf forked over the cash for it. That being said, I agree with Surreal above. There should be a cost to make up for pain and suffering... just saying... :great:

8. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice! :rofl:

10. 2k1Silverado

2k1Silverado New Member

Ha that cracked me up. I'll be sure to show her that lol. And for anybody that was wondering about the smoke, the stem off the heater coil wasnt good anymore. It was leaking coolant and getting on the headers which was evaporating it making it smoke. My dad figured this out when the stem actually broke off... So instead of taking out the whole dash and what not, we just got a bigger hose and put over the bigger part of the stem that was left, if that makes sense? Lol