1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Updates January Website Update Discussion ~ Bugs, Website Colors, Functionality

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

[MENTION=52559]Dana W[/MENTION]; Let me see if there is an update for that module, I know that other website owners complained that it was not working properly, so let me see.
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

It's appreciated. Just thought you'd like to know. It's not like I can't live with it though.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like the module has not been updated and the author of it is no longer doing active development for it either. I'll have to find a workaround, I agree that having it collapse for only one page is a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really an issue of the minimum width of the website and no so much about the sidebar module. There's not much I can do about the module, the developer has quit doing updates for now so we'll have to find someone to fix this I suppose and pay them. Otherwise, I turned off the ability to collapse (as it didn't work anyhow) and that should speed up the pageload a little bit and it takes away the collapse/expand button, so that gives back a couple of extra pixels of width anyhow.
  4. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Yeah, I caught that today. Like I said, it's only an issue on the laptop, but it isn't so much that the sidebar won't stay hidden, it's squeezing out the "Last Post" button on the new threads list when the other stuff in that column are long.

If I drop my browser (chrome) magnification to 100% from 125% I can hit the last post button on all of them though, so I have a work-around.