1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

JAWS ~ Shark Week first memories

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JnBama, Aug 8, 2014.

1. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Shark week on TV , where and when did you see JAWS 1975. I was 15 with my parents visiting my sister living in Virginia Beach 1975. My bro inlaw had completed sea duty on USS America and they had an apartment next to a Drive In. At night would go out to the playground and sit on top of the slide and watch a little till couldn't stand the mosquitos anymore. You could only hear the loud parts and girls screaming when something gruesome happened. Went to beach and was I going in the water , heck no! Richard my bro in law did and came back with jelly fish stings. Read the book twice a few years apart which is really good, Just wanted to ad while on the beach two pretty young girls walked past giggling and I turned around and DAD swimming trunks up almost to his chest, super farmers tan with black knee high socks and loafers:rofl:
    thCJJXWPLY.jpg
    ChevyFan likes this.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Never seen it all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces but not the whole thing. :)
  3. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 100 Posts

They need to remake the movie. The story line was grate, but the graphics suck by todays standards.
  4. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Keeps me in knee high water only.....LOL
  5. Paladin

Paladin Member

When I was a child going to the movies was a big deal. I was 11 when I saw it with my family and today it is still among my wife and my favorite movies. We wore out two video tapes before it came out in DVD.

Yes the SFX is not up to today's standards but it was 1975 and they were attempting something never done before.

However I do not think a remake would ever be as good as the original.

A lot of what made Jaws a great movie was not just SFX (advanced for its time) but the dynamics between Brodie (Scheider), Hooper (Dryfus) and Quint (Shaw).

Failure to reproduce that dynamic with the right actors will result in nothing more than an expensive flop with good CGI.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  6. JnBama

JnBama Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Jaws is a classic and Jaws 2 was ok , Jaws 3 in 3D was a joke but kinda fun to watch
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I was just a wee lad when the original JAWS came out, but I remember seeing the shark at Universal Studios (?) in CA around 1978 when we were on vacation. Freaked me out something awful.