1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jerking while stopped

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by mayers2007, Nov 6, 2012.

1. mayers2007

mayers2007 New Member

On my 2009 Silverado at 13,000 miles back towards the end of 2010, when stopped at a red light, the truck would jerk hard forward. Usually occurs when average breaking is applied and almost always occurs if you stopped the truck quicker. If you apply the brakes, but allow the truck a long time to come to a stop, it doesn't happen. At the time, took the truck into service and they told me the differential needed fluid and whatever they did fixed it.

Now its happening again 30,000 miles. When I originally described it to them, mentioned it feels like the truck is downshifting to 1st while stopped, jerking hard. That is the best way to describe it.

Truck is going into service Friday for front brake check/change, oil-lube, tire rotation, multi-point inspection, getting the jerking fixed again!
  2. bluebell

bluebell New Member

From what I understand this is the AFM switching back to V8 from V4 as you come to a stop. My truck (2011) does this as well and if you switch your DIC to show the mode you can see it switching as it jerks... There apparently is also no fix for this so far (that I'm aware of) but if you shift to M5 or M4 it will not do it because the AFM is disabled in the manual shift modes (except M6). Maybe give this a try and see if the dealer will do anything about it? I've done a bunch of forum searches on this problem and it seems to be a very common complaint about these trucks, I find it extremely annoying myself...
  3. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

it happens ; ) lol