Jet mass air flow sensor

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sdella2004, May 1, 2012.

1. sdella2004

sdella2004 New Member

Is it worth buying ?

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I was just talking to my buddy (mechanic) about my first stage on my 08 Silverado. That is part of the plain. With a cold air, exhaust, programmer. He said it was a must. On the other hand, I have see people say it is not. My guy has worked on all my cars for 12 years and has built some sweet race cars. So, me myself will be getting one. When it is time.
    I copied and pasted you title of post in the search engine on the top right of the page. Some posts come up that it is just mentioned and some were they are talking about it. You will just have to shuffle through it. Hope that helps.

3. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I Have never use the Jet MA, But generally dealing with LS Fbodies. You don't gain enough to warrant the cost. I know of atleast 20 cars making over 500 rwhp on stock MA. IMO I think you money would be better spent on upgraded injectors and a dyno tune. Now if you had the Fast LSXR-T 102mm intake and TB, maybe, but on the stock setup it's a waste of money.

4. dbb06

dbb06 Member

I too have heard it's a waste of money, unless you are doing a serious build (500+hp) I would stick with the factory.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have a granatelli "tuned for CAI", and noticed some noticeable on acceleration, but it always threw a lean code. Granatelli told me I needed the one that corrected that problem. I have the stock box back in now with it and it doesnt throw a code. you may see a little performance from it. As stated before may be most usefull if fully decking out motor with TB injectors etc, but the stock one flows well. truth be told the granatelli is a stock MAF sensor with the middle bar cut out and tuned a little.