Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Jet performance module vs programable flash tuners

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by Blackmatter, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

Hello everyone I am sure that this question has been asked numerous times. I own a 2011 Chevy Silverado with the Z71 off road suspension, 5.3L engine, tow pkg crew cab. So far the only thing I have done was change the exhaust to a magnaflow. I plan on getting a CAI not sure which one yet. I do tow a TT that can weight as much as 9500lbs. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what would be better. I only have about 5000 miles on my truck and would rather not void the warrenty. What I am looking for is better towing performance and over all more power. Any recomendations would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks Rich
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Rich......In looking at the Weight of 9,500lbs of your TT is that Dry Weight?? and is your truck a 1/2 or 3/4 Ton??.....
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I assume from your trucks description that its a 1500. I think thats alot of weight for a 1/2 ton truck. What rear gears do you have? Even some trucks with trailer package come with 3.42's. Is it a 2wd or 4x4 Z-71? See if you can find out what rear gears you have.
  4. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

Sorry my truck is a silverado 1500. The unloaded weight of my TT is 7465lbs so 9500lbs is max weight. So i guess my truck is a half ton.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The Tow specs for a 1/2 Ton 4wd Crew Cab....with a 5.3 liter and 3.42.....has a Max Tow Ratings(Weight) of 9,500lbs.....as you can see your at the Limit's of what your Truck can Safely Tow.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

Take a look at the Diablo Trinty, does more than the other programmers out there, you can data log with it and then get a custom tune via-email from a custom tuner like DiabLew.com. Lew does R&D for Diablo and does custom tunes on the side. There a number of members on this site that have his tune and there all pleased with his tunes. He is now selling the Trinity's direct and is offering a package deal, Trinity and custom tune. Yes the Trinity is not cheap but it is worth the money.:great:
  7. Blackmatter

Blackmatter Member

Yep I have the 3.42 rear with a six speed automatic transmission. I know that my truk is rated to tow 9500 so yes I am right there. Yes my truck is 4 wheel drive and it has the tow pkg andthe Z71 off road suspension. Thanks for the welcome.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Tring to reply on an iPhone. So my replies might be a little slow.

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Will the trinty void my warrenty. Does anyone know anything about the jet stage two performance module?
  8. silveradotrailblazer

Jet Electronics have always left alot to desire. Its not just about power, but also driveabilty. Alot of tuners make great WOT power but there drivability is crap. If you go to a dealer for warranty work then just back out the Trinity tune and return to stock tune, take the Trinity out of your truck and the dealer will never know there was a aftermarket tune in it.
  9. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

As I find myself in a similar situation to Blackmatter (minus the TT, do long interstate drivin though), I'd like to say thanks for the info as well. Heard a lot of good things about the Trinity, but what about Bullydog? The price tag on Trinity is a little intimidating, and has given me pause. Thanks for the great thread as well!