Jim from Ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jim Stafford, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Jim Stafford

Jim Stafford New Member

Interesting site,to say the least! Hopefully, someone has a solution to an annoying vibration in the driveline of my '03 GMC Sierra p/u trk. Problem started after hitting a major rain filled chuck hole on I-75 N in KY 6 wks. ago. Tires have been rebalanced and rotated. took the hit on the left side, F&R, at 70 MPH. Universals (3) and mid carrier replaced a yr. ago at 86K, now has 94K. Changed out F&R universals today with no success. Vehicle has vibration from 41-46 MPH constant. Above or below that range, no problem. Any ideas? Thanks for your input.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard! you may have better luck posting your question in the powertrain sub forum.

3. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the club.

4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Only thing I can think of since you replaced the f & r universals, is that maybe you broke a belt in one of the tires. They might have balanced out ok, but a broken belt could still cause the vibration

6. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club, sorry no answers

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Bent wheel or as stephan said a broken belt in the tire. When you have a broken belt as you go faster the belt inside moves around.

9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!... and good luck with finding and fixing your problem quickly for as cheap as possible.

10. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, sorry I cant help with the vibration issue. Hopefully someone on here will be able to help.