job change...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Dec 6, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

well this update is about 2 weeks late now, but i forgot to inform yall that after 2 years, 7 months, i am no longer with discount tire, i found a new job that was an offer i couldnt refuse AND is in my Mechanical engineering field. So i took it, and left discount! so far I am loving it and all is going well, but it is about a 23 mile drive on the highway there....
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Congrats. When do you start?
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

Good luck your new venture......change is always exciting...
    Brian from Canada
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Gotta go where the money is and what keeps you happy.. (and the wife) :glasses:
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

started about 2 weeks ago now

and so far so good!
  6. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Congrats man! I hope to be changing jobs soon too. Hope to start my BI with Detroit PD sometime in the next week.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

I remember the day I left DTC. :glasses:

PAAARRRTTTYY!!! :rofl:
  8. GeorgiaZ71

GeorgiaZ71 New Member

Congrats on the new job! Always good to find something that can put your degree to work making you money! Good luck.
  9. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Congrats on the new job for sure!!! But 23 miles (if you were complaining) is nothing compared to my drive every day.. Right now im 165 miles round trip (about 4 hours of driving) to my job and back every day for about the next month. For 15 years I drove 90 miles round trip for work. I only get paid an hour extra a day for driving so I would take 23 miles in a heartbeat.. (Of course company truck and fuel helps tremendously.. wouldn't do it otherwise.)
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

my party was the night before my last day :)