Job Change!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by GWAGON_99, Mar 19, 2007.

1. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 New Member

This is just a quick post to tell everyone that I got a new job. I am the newest car salesman at Sewell Hummer in Dallas! The best part is that after I sell 10 cars I will get my new company car...a 2007 Hummer! If anyone needs a car(especially with the strong DFW crowd here) I will be selling New and Used cars. We have more than just Hummers in the used dept. so if you need a car or truck let me know and I can probably find you one. Or if you just want to come and test drive a new Hummer thats cool too!:cool:
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Congrats

Good for you Jay. Hope it works out nice for you and your family. To far for me to come look at a car though :lol:
    Good Luck
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

Congrats!!!
    and you call yourself a friend!
    Get down there, and buy a car :whip:
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

For those who aren't from DFW, Sewell is the "park avenue" of dealerships in the area. Good luck with the new job ... but I don't think I'll be buying a hummer any time soon! :)
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

I would but thats a lot of "Dad are we there yet's?" all the way to Texas someone would die for sure....:lol:
  6. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 New Member

I certainly wouldn't want any blood on my hands!
  7. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member

Cool, congrats.

Sorry but I can't haul much hay in a hummer.

Guess I'll just have to stick with the vans and Burb.
  8. ChevyFan

How it going with the new job? I wonder if I could buy a hummr and write it off as advertising for the site?
  9. ChevyTech

ChevyTech New Member

Congrats on the new job, as an old Hummer employee I wish you the best of luck. Don't forget to push the mud guards and side steps, big money makers :great:
  10. ChevyFan

I may call you to see what good trade-ins you've gotten recently. :lol:
  11. terry0341

terry0341 New Member

179 Deduction!

Steve, You could buy it for the site, have it wrapped with the logos slap a commercail truck tag on it and you got yourself a $50,000.00 179 deduction on the ole tax form! I bet with the properly placed phone calls GM may discount or pay for the wrap or even better Donate it and wrap it for the advertizing! You never know untill you ask!!!!:rules:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  12. ChevyFan

Yeah, belive it or not, there are actually some IRS regulations about this sort of thing. :) I may be able to take a deduction on the depreation of the loan and the interest paid, etc.
  13. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Soooooo Jay, are ya makin' out ok? Sell any H3's yet?
  14. ciosclone

ciosclone New Member

Come on now fellas, 70 hours a week in sales is tough :great:
  15. terry0341

terry0341 New Member

What's this IRS thing your talking about?

:rofl: Well I am no Irs guru but I think you can write off up to $40,000.00 on a 179 deduction each year. now that may be just for us business owners. The 179 deuction allows you to write off a large bus purchase rather than having to depreciate it over so many years. I will do some research on it so I am better informed.
    Ok, did not read the whle thing but it looks like it has to be a purchase and it looks like the deduction has increased to $108,000.00.
    Do we have any tax savy members that can jump in and provide so insight?
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  16. ChevyFan

Well, this case is different. If there were any tax / small business experts on the board ... feel free to PM me. :)
  17. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member

I believe that is something like having a 6,000 lb vehicle for business and you get the deduction, good old George did that for us.

Supposed to be something to help us farmers who actually use them for working, but it is used by some of our local real-estate agents who need something like a hummer to show houses out in the woods.

Not sure how you go about the deduction, I can’t afford a new vehicle so I never really checked into it. I’m sure your tax guy can tell you though.
  18. GWAGON_99

GWAGON_99 New Member

The new job is going GREAT! As you know I have not been on here as much(sorry:frown: ) but I have been working quite a bit. I would be more than happy to sell the site a nice HUMMER!! That would be great! I'll even make you one heck of a deal! :great: