1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Job

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by JnBama, Apr 13, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Have a interview today at a metal supply co. for a truck driver position , really need a job with good pay and benefits. Friday 13th wish me luck.

2. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good luck man, I hope all goes well. Gotta keep that pretty truck looking good. Be sure to let us know when you get it so we can all e-celebrate with you.

3. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

I had an interview today, but thankfully they wanted to reschedule for Monday. It's a production/assembler position, and I'll be making what I used to make in a month with Coca-Cola, in one week! I'm super excited, but if an oil rig calls me for an interview, i'm gone!

4. JnBama

Good luck , have seen banners and signs for taking applications and for hire, hope the economy is getting better

5. JnBama

Not much of an interview today with dispatcher/supervisor between the phone calls, not much better of where I work now except for better equipment. Pay is by percentage which is ok and easier driving local, they have odd revolving work hours like a OTR company, after your 10 hr break want back in the truck even if it's 12 a.m. . Pretty much work a days now and home nights , may just stay where I'm at right now and keep looking

6. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Jeff, Have you ever looked into getting hired on at the Arsenal? They got some good federal positions on base and once you get in the door its a lot easier to move into the better ones once they come open. Now a days they let a lot of the civilians live onpost there as well, I can tell you after living there for 5 years they got some good housing too..not to mention the benefits of a federal job either..

7. JnBama

I have application on file for truck driver ,delivery, shipping/receiving with Yulista. Bro inlaw works in logistics for the Army at the arsenal and doing very well , sure you unloaded cargo and used equipment he shipped over seas. I will find something , considering Nashville area would be nice to be back my homestate Tennessee

8. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh man, Texas is hiring like no other! There was literally 15 jobs open for this first company and another 10-20 for 1 oil rig company here in Texas. That's not including the other 4 companies I also applied to! Texas is booming with jobs for the hard working American, it's a great thing to witness. I just hope I can land a job that pays damn good for the amount of work put out.

9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree, and it has been for about 5-7 years that I know of. Although I love Alabama and back home on the Gulf Coast, I plan on retiring in Texas somewhere south/central like Houston-Austin/San Antonio area... Good luck to everyone out trying to get a job or get a better one than they have now :glasses: