Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Just a dumb question...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jet89, Mar 22, 2010.

1. jet89

jet89 Member

Ok so i am planning on doing the whole wash, wax, detail routine tomorrow sense it will be the nicest day of the week. But then i remembered i have a cut-out billet grille, light bar, and chrome door handles and fuel door that ive been meaning to install.

Would you to the installations first and then the detailing, or vice versa?
    Or mabey even washing, then installation, and then detailing?

With school and work i doubt i will be able to do the add-ons and detailing/cleaning in one day so they will probably be two seperate days. So i obviously dont want to wash then wax a day or two later.
    Decisions, decisions haha

Let me know what you would do.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If it were me,I'd install the items you mentioned first and then a wash and wax.

3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

No such thing as a dumb question............I'd also install your stuff and then proceed with your wash and wax:)

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would wash the right half, then install the grill, then wash the left half, then install the light bar, then wax the roof, then install the door handles, then wax the front end, then install the fuel door......

5. jet89

jet89 Member

:lol::rofl:

Fersher. This will definitly be the way i will do it haha.

6. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

LMAO!!!! Good to see I'm not the only smarta$$ on here..:rofl:

Personally, I would wash it first to get all the grime off before putting anything on it.