Just an idea

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bill_pfaff, Mar 9, 2007.

Newest Photos

1. bill_pfaff

bill_pfaff New Member

Steve,

Posting this here because I don't see anywhere else it may fit. Sorry if it is out of place.

I really like this site and I really appreciate all you are doing as I can only imagine the work and commitment it takes to keep it up but I got to tell you the truth.

The only time I get into it is when you send out one of those broadcast emails that draws me in.

The problem (for me) is that I think I have been spoiled by another forum I belong to.

It allows you to subscribe to the various forms in the site and then every time someone posts a new thread in one of the forums you have subscribed to it sends out an email with the initial message in it. At that point you can either click on a link to read the thread or click on another link to "subscribe" to the thread and it will send you an email every time someone replies to the thread.

Now I don't know the implication of that feature and I'm sure that there are implications but it's that feature that keeps me active in the forum.

For me, this site gets lost in the shuffle until you trigger me with your email.

If this site will do the same kind of thing please let me know how and I'll get right on it as the other site is a camping site and I'm getting tired of the same old discussions. Seems you all have a different take on things and I'd like to play more but....... well, I already stated my problem.

Keep up the good work and again thanks for all you do.

Bill
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey Bill,
    Did you know that you can subscribe to individual threads on this site already? (In hind sight, I realize that was a stupid question...sorry)

If you use the quick reply box at the bottom of the page then choose the button "Go Advanced" instead of "Post Quick Reply" It will give you options below the text box, and one of those is to subscribe to the thread.
    [​IMG]
    The other option is in the user control panel, and edit your options.
    You can choose the option for subscription that best suits your needs from there.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps!:biggrin:
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  3. bill_pfaff

bill_pfaff New Member

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply/directions.

I think I have the subscription thing figured out based on your directions and as far as the "tickle me" issues goes, I'll just have to get over it and try to be more proactive by logging on and checking for new posts.

Thanks again
    Bill
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Glad I could help.

I don't know if the functionality is in this software to subscribe to an entire sub-forum in addition to individual threads. That's something Steve would know for sure, but I'm sure he'll be by to read this thread, and can tell you if it's possible.