Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Just another set of things to do......

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 18, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

well in recent observations on my truck, ive realized there are multiple issues with it :/

some things i gotta do are:

1) order and install, complete rack and pinion steering unit ($354.00)
    2) order and install, 2 rear axles (left/right) ($100-$140/each) + bearings/seals/etc.
    3) order and install 4 new brake rotors (really lookin into the brembo sport slotted rotors @ (250.00/pair) 2 pairs obviously, but wondering whether to be greedy with that or just go to a local auto parts store and get some cheapo's for about $60.00/pair) indecisive ( but money is super tight right now)
    4) rear brake pads- Hawk HPS ($77.00)

i dont even want to see the math in this calculation for the total....

just thought id share that with yall...

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The cheapo's are not worth buying. It has been my experience, that the heat from only a couple of hard stops will warp the rotors. But, again in my opinion, the slotted ones are over-kill. I usually look for middle of the road (made in US, or Canada) rotors and you will get good service from them.

3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

When youd get ur rotors, i would suggest going to an o'riellys or any other auto parts store and get a good pair. in my experience like roy has too, the cheap stuff doesnt last very long then youd go get another pair. when u could have bought a good pair that wasnt all cheap but wasnt very spendy and the would be working long after you have put 2 sets of rotors on. thats just my take on it though.