Just another set of things to do......

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 18, 2012.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

well in recent observations on my truck, ive realized there are multiple issues with it :/

some things i gotta do are:

1) order and install, complete rack and pinion steering unit ($354.00)
    2) order and install, 2 rear axles (left/right) ($100-$140/each) + bearings/seals/etc.
    3) order and install 4 new brake rotors (really lookin into the brembo sport slotted rotors @ (250.00/pair) 2 pairs obviously, but wondering whether to be greedy with that or just go to a local auto parts store and get some cheapo's for about $60.00/pair) indecisive ( but money is super tight right now)
    4) rear brake pads- Hawk HPS ($77.00)

i dont even want to see the math in this calculation for the total....

just thought id share that with yall...

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The cheapo's are not worth buying. It has been my experience, that the heat from only a couple of hard stops will warp the rotors. But, again in my opinion, the slotted ones are over-kill. I usually look for middle of the road (made in US, or Canada) rotors and you will get good service from them.

3. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

When youd get ur rotors, i would suggest going to an o'riellys or any other auto parts store and get a good pair. in my experience like roy has too, the cheap stuff doesnt last very long then youd go get another pair. when u could have bought a good pair that wasnt all cheap but wasnt very spendy and the would be working long after you have put 2 sets of rotors on. thats just my take on it though.