Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

just bought 08 z71

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by erskine, Aug 23, 2008.

1. erskine

erskine New Member

bought it wedsenday, basicly a fully loaded lt1 package, got it for a great price and like the truck alot already. also it is DOD and flex fuel.
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome!:sign0016:
    any plans for mods?

post some pics!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new truck! I am sure seeing a lot of them on the road these days.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

welcome to the spread!!
  5. zippy

zippy Rockstar 100 Posts

Slow changing DOD

Welcome aboard, Erskine, with greetings and salutations.
    Congratulations on your new Z71, it sounds sweeter than sugar. Please keep us updated on your performance and MPG running DOD and funny gas. Others have commented that when DOD changes from 4 to 8 (like on cruise control when you hit a hill) it takes too long to go back to 4. Let's hear what you think after you get some miles on your new bad boy.
  6. erskine

erskine New Member

about the dod, when going up a hill it will kick out of dod, but soon as i go down the hill or let off the gas it kicks in v4 mode. no perfomance mods, maybe some rim/tires in the futures and a bed cover.
  7. matttheemt

matttheemt New Member

hey guys

i have a 06 exetended cab silverado w/5.3 im looking to make it a "race" every day driver. i love speed, and my truck. if any one has proven suspension mods, turbos, and ignition, that are proven and rugged. price dosent matter, ill work my ass off and just not eat for a while just dont tell my wife. so hopefully im in the right place. thanks a chevy boy through and through...matt
  8. erskine

erskine New Member

yea i know what u mean matt, i know a lot thinks about going fast. trucks are really heavy to make a go go, if your looking for cheap power, nitrous is your thing, you got some money to spend, get yourself little turbo on that thing add a cam and some head gaskets your going to make some numbers
  9. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the forum!!
  10. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!