1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just Bought 97 S10 ~ Replaced Instrument Cluster or Transmission conversion?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by jiffyjeff, Feb 19, 2014.

1. jiffyjeff

jiffyjeff New Member

Recently purchased a 97 s10 5 speed man trans x vin 4.3

the gauge cluster has prnd21 like auto does this mean cluster was switched so miliage is wrong or is this a semi common occurrence?

- - - Updated - - -

Also has no tach
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  2. zuki82

zuki82 New Member

Well, jiffy, 1) you are allowed to use punctuation, 2) I had to re-read that 3 times before I got what you where trying to say, I think! My thought is, maybe the PO (previous owner) put a standard tranny in the truck after the automatic one crapped the bed?
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'm going to edit the Title of your post from "possible problem??" to "Just Bought 97 S10 ~ Replaced Instrument Cluster???", and I agree that you need to have some punctuation in there, it was very hard to read quickly.

Other than that, it's a really interesting question. Either it came with an automatic transmission and they replaced it with a manual transmission (which is not a Saturday morning quickie project) and everything that goes with it ... or they swapped out the instrument cluster (which is a quickie Saturday morning project).