1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just bought a 2008 Crew Cab, have questions??

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 4x4Crew, Dec 14, 2008.

1. 4x4Crew

4x4Crew New Member

Hello All,

I am new to the site and to the Silverado as well. I just purchased a 2008 Crew Cab 4x4 in September. I have a few questions I hope you guys can answer. The first one is that I didn't get it with a trailer hitch so I know I have to purchase one. The question is, there is a plug that is connected to the back of the bumper but I can't figure out how to get to it. It looks like the cap would just open on the outside of the bumper but it doesn't. The other question I have is when it's in 4wd high and I make a tight turn like in a parking lot. The truck seems like there is something holding it back.

Hope you guys can help.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Does your truck have the receiver part of the hitch but no stinger? And I'm not sure of what plug you are referring to, could you take a picture and post it on here? As far as 4WD binding up, was this on dry pavement?
  3. zach45

zach45 New Member

the 4hi thing is normal...

and that cap is to lower the spare tire..
  4. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I can't figure out which "rubber" piece you are talking about either.
  5. bubba33

bubba33 New Member

There could be a plug where the trailer wiring plug is at on ones that do not have it.Or the spare tire plug for the lock.The 4 hi is totaly normal like what was said. It will jerk and carry on in a tight corner if it dont then its broke. You may not have a hd tranny cooler on your truck either.
  6. 4x4Crew

4x4Crew New Member

There is another cap on the other side of the liscense plate that looks just like the one for the spare tire. Except this one doesn't open at all from what I can tell. If you look under the bumper on the back of this one you can see the round trailer connector attached to it. I can't figure out how to get access to it though. I don't know if it comes off or if this really is a cap that opens.
  7. 4x4Crew

4x4Crew New Member

The truck doesn't have any part of the hitch or receiver. The plug is the round trailer connector and it's attached to what looks like a cap just like the one for the spare tire. I will take a pic if needed once I get it back from the body shop. Some retard keyed it the day after thanksgiving.:grrrrrr: The 4WD thing is not when it's on dry pavement, the parking lot was snow covered.
  8. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 New Member

Welcome to the site.... I hope these guys get you squared away!
  9. DrewsZ71

DrewsZ71 New Member

Yeah if you don't have the trailering/towing package u most likely will just have the dummy plug cap. As far as the 4hi thing goes...like everyone says thats normal mine does the same thing. Its just the wheels trying to fight themselves. (rears are pushing while the fronts are trying to turn in a tight spot) Perfectly normal
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

Also try to remember that it is not a good idea to turn corners on other than dirt or ice covered ground while in 4 wheel drive. It can be bad for the truck.