1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just bought a 2011 Silverado LT

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by srr2, Aug 3, 2011.

1. srr2

srr2 New Member

Hiya, everyone. Just got back home from signing the paperwork for a new Silverado LT. This is the third truck I've owned and the first in quite a while. I just got tired of not having any good way to haul stuff around. I take delivery of it Wednesday next week, 10 Aug.

It's Blue Granite Metallic, extended cab, moderately equipped with the All Star package, Off-road suspension (I have no plans for deliberately taking it off-road, but that's what it had on it), 18" wheels, blah blah. Firmly situated in between utilitarian and luxury. Actually, it's quite civilized and comfortable on the road.

We went for an extended drive this morning prior to signing the papers. I was interested in confirming that everything worked like it was supposed to, to experience the 8-4 cylinder transition, and most of all, hear what kind of road noise emanated from the back of the cabin. Fortunately, everything seemed fine. There was very little noise in the cabin at any speed, and the 4-8 transition was completely imperceptible. It's a little disconcerting to watch the instantaneous mileage vary from 7 to 15 most of the time, but the truck had only 4 miles on it at the time, so maybe (hopefully) this is going to get better. OTOH, it was reassuring to see 25-35MPG when it was in 4 cylinder mode, which it was for a significant part of the time on the highway.

Since I plan to do little if any towing, I was a little concerned about the 3.42 axle ratio being higher than necessary, but with the 6-speed overdrive automatic, the engine turns only around 1500 RPM at 60 mph. That's pretty reasonable, so going even lower might accomplish very little.

There are quite a few Silverado/Sierra forums out there. I decided to sign up with this one because it seems to have the highest volume of posts, many many members, and what appears to be official participation by GM representatives. I hope to be able to contribute something useful eventually.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

:sign0016:To the Site and Congrats on the New Ride......and Welcome to the G.M./Chevy Family......when you get some time, post-up some pictures......:glasses:
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats and welcome!!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sounds like a nice truck, enjoy it.:glasses:
  5. srr2

srr2 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. As far as pics go, you're probably better off looking at the official Chevy web site 'cos this truck isn't anything fancy and never will be. :) The extent of mods in its future go no farther than Rhino Lining and a set of nerf bars. Black ones, most likely. Anyway, I'm feeling okay about this purchase -- my very first GM product of any kind. In fact, it was only two weeks ago that I set foot into any kind of GM dealership for the first time. From what I can see, the near-death experience has done them some good. Also, for the most part, the sales experience was pretty good. There was none of the nonsense that American Car dealerships were famous for in the past. Here's hoping the actual ownership experience will be equally good.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

congrats! let's see some pics when you get it in the driveway and get time!
  7. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club & congrats on your new truck
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!