Just bought a 2011 Traverse

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by Highmarker, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Highmarker

Highmarker Rockstar

For those of you who have a 2011 Traverse and are having a hard time (like me) getting it to fit (length-wise) into the garage. Here what I found. I have an upright freezer against the back of the garage. I have tried one of two options:
    1. I can back the Traverse in and use the parking sensors to stop when the car is close to the freezer. My wife says she is not a "backer upper" so this will probably not work for her.
    2. When I pull the Traverse in forward with the lights on, I get to a point where there are reflections on the freezer door. I keep pulling forward until these "reflections" make a perfect X. When that happens, I stop and I am about 6 - 8 inches away from the freezer...Perfect! I will have to take a picture of this "reflection" and post it.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you get this garage solution fixed? lol. I just put a rubber mat down on the floor and that works for me, the kids play with the tennis ball and it comes down.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Hey, this sounds interesting. Please post a pic of your Traverse in your garage ... I wanna see. haha

3. Highmarker

Highmarker Rockstar

Ok, so the fam and I just made a trip to the "Happiest Place On Earth" - Disneyland in the Traverse. It was very nice. I do have one question:

The battery indicator fluctuated between ~12 volts and ~15 volts. It would show 12 volts for a half hour or so then go back to 14 - 15 volts for an hour or so, then go back to 12 volts for a half hour or so. I did have several 12 VDC electronics running (two DVD players and my TomTom). Is this normal?

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think that's probably normal. All of those devices really do suck down the power. You can look on the back to see how much power they pull and figure out the total by adding them all up and you just might be surprised. The good thing is you've got a big enough alternator to deliver the extra current to the system to handle it.

5. triberfan

triberfan New Member

We are looking to buy one this week! Nice!

6. Highmarker

Highmarker Rockstar

Here is a picture of the "X" on the freezer door.

Attached Files:

7. jinsei

jinsei New Member

Lol at the taxi. :D

Nice pics and thanks for sharing. I’m planning to get a Traverse soon and would like to look around first.

Loving the design. Have you tested it yourself? How’s the performance?