1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just bought a truck, New Mexico

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by afpreppie04, Oct 31, 2010.

1. afpreppie04

afpreppie04 New Member

I never saw myself driving a truck, but it made sense practically so I just picked up an 04 Silverado today. I looked for a truck for a while until I found the exact one I wanted, standard cab, short bed, manual transmission, 2WD, with the 4.3L. I will be using it as a daily driver during the winter and to haul my bike/car around occasionally.

Here it is when I first got it home this afternoon:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only thing I have found annoying about it is that the parking brake pedal is really high, I have to lift my whole leg up to get to it. Had a little free time tonight so I pulled off the bowtie and hood latch support and painted them. I was originally just planning on painting the bowtie but noticed that the support is right behind it and is silver for some reason, so I went ahead and did it too.

Here it is after the paint:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it looks better now, especially since the bowtie had rock chips in it before that aren't as obvious now. My two reasons for getting the 4.3 instead of one of the bigger ones were to save some gas while just driving around town and to limit my messing with it, we'll see how that goes.
  2. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hi and welcome to the club!,Congrats on the truck,you couldn't have picked a better colour.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, sir!
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site....:glasses:
  5. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

:sign0016:To the Club
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC !
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!!
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!! Sweet color!
  10. afpreppie04

afpreppie04 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes, I always loved white trucks (except for Walker, TX Ranger era Rams for some reason) so when I saw this one it was perfect. Even though I swore to myself not to mess with it since it is my practical vehicle (my car is in my garage getting a new turbo as I find time to finish it up, not super reliable and a gas hog to boot), I have started checking out some basic I/H/E to do with the truck, I can hear the rumbling a little from the stock exhaust and can just imagine with it uncorked a little. I've also been thinking about leveling it a little, but not by raising the front, but rather dropping the back a smidge.