Just bought an AWD 2010 Chevy Traverse!

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

1102121820a.jpg 1102121820b.jpg 1102121819a.jpg 1102121819.jpg 1102121820.jpg I just bought this 2010 AWD Chevy Traverse 1LT with 33k miles. I'm going to get it certified at Friendly Chevrolet in Dallas this weekend (that's a little secret, you can make an appointment and get any vehicle certified if it meets the requirements for certification. That costs $400 but it gives me maintenance for 24 months plus another 12-month/12,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

It was kept at a Mazda dealer in town and they kept it dirty, overpriced and hidden in the back of the lot. They actually did quite a bit of work on it, they did the service and a 4-wheel alignment (even though the tires are about 75% tread and there is NO sign of uneven wear ... it drives dead straight) but it does not have the floormats, so I'm going to pick them up will call in Dallas when I order them on gmpartsclulb.com

1031121846.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks sweet now u need to update that signature :lol:
  3. ChevyFan

I'm waiting for them to finish detailing it right now actually. Grr! I want my ride.

There are no floor mats in this thing, so ill pick those up this week. Also has a couple of small rock dings in it that i need to touch up. But otherwise it's in good condition and ready to go.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Grats Steve! Looks nice. One of those is on the short list when we go shopping again.

Alex
  5. ChevyFan

I was going to grab some of the images from their website, but they already took them down! Oh well, I'll take some pics and will put them up here later tonight.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Congratulations Steve!!!

Very nice! Great color scheme. When does the lift kit go on???
  7. ChevyFan

You know, I'm only able to find a couple of options for the Traverse when it comes to lifts. Most of them are air suspension systems and not what I would call a typical lift. I should get @AutoAnything in here to answer some questions for what I can do with the Traverse. I think that for highway driving I like the way it drives now. However, for going off-pavement I'd like it to be up about 2" or so to give a little bit more ground clearance.

This is AWD and not 4WD. I am aware of that. I'm not planning to go mudding with this thing, but I do plan on trailering a light travel trailer and getting out on some compact dirt roads, gravel roads and head up into the mountains of New Mexico next year, so having a little bit more clearance would help there I think.
  8. ChevyFan

Yeah, it was hard to say goodbye to the Trailblazer, but all good things must come to an end and I don't have unlimited space to keep storing up cars, trucks, suvs and now AWD crossovers. :)

The goal is to move into a house next year that's got a bigger garage (looking for 3 car with workshop) so I can do some of this work in there and document it as I move along from one project to the next.
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sounds like a nice idea.
  10. ChevyFan

Now that I've got it home, I did find only a few things that need attention. There is a "baseball-sized" dent on the roof that I will need to take to a paint-less dent repair facility to get popped-out. There a small gouge in the lift-deck lid that you can see when the light hits it the right way, I can live with that actually. It's going to need some valve-stem caps, because they just did a four-wheel alignment (it drives dead straight) on this bad-boy and they forgot to put them back on.

Also, I think they put in synthetic oil into this, so I'll have to read-up on how Synthetics work for the Oil Life Mangement system that's built into all out our trucks/suvs these days.

GOOD TIMES! I want to go out and find some soft-mud to see how well the AWD works.