1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just bought my first diesel..06 6.6l Chevy duramax 4x4 crew cab

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 06 DuRaMaX, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

Hi there . I just bought my first diesel truck and I need lots of help because I don't know squat about diesels.... If u have an 06 Chevy duramax 4x4 6.6l engine, I need a list of the things That I should do to maintain my truck in good condition....such as oil change and with oil is better for this truck...that sort of thing...thanx
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard the GMTC. I'm not much of a diesel know it most, but I just wanted to say welcome aboard.
  3. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

Thanx... I got in this forum to chat with people that might give me sum tips on these diesel trucks....my truck is nice it's just that I have no clue on the maintenance of a duramax
  4. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:welcome to the club and enjoy the site.......
    Duramax 6.6 lly there is lots of info around for you ..... just snoop around the threads you will find all you need to know and all those who know....‚Äč
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, hope you enjoy your stay. :glasses:
  6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sounds like you have a beautiful truck there. Take your time and browse through all of the threads and you should find some good info to start with. At worst it will give you more detailed questions to ask and just post a new thread. Good to have you and I look forward to seeing some pics of that beast.
  8. 06 DuRaMaX

06 DuRaMaX New Member

once i get a lift, some nice rims and good size tires...it will b a beast... My t3.jpg
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

With that engine, it's already a beast. The lift and tires will certainly solidify the fact though. I love the fender flares too. What brand are they and how do you like them? Put a 4-6" lift on that and some mean 35" A/Ts and I think Surreal might have competition for my favorite NBS on here.