GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Just Finished My Custom Headlights! 2008 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Fonze, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Hey Guys,

Just had a buddy of mine do some custom headlights for me! Here is what I had done to them:

-Reflectors removed
    -LED Side markers
    -LED Switchbacks (The amber looks more red and it looks SICK!)
    -LED Halo's
    -Wireless remote system

With the remote system, I can make them dim in and out constantly, strobe and control how bright I want them.

I am in LOVE with the new look guys. CHECK IT OUT!

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pictures in my album.
    Will update with night shots later on.
    Let me know what everyone thinks!
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  2. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member

NICE!!:sign0173::sign0173:
    Those are really, really nice! I'm envious. I have had bad luck with my rear LEDs I'm hesitant of doing this up here in Ontario.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I can't wait to see the night pics.
  4. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member

You need to make a step-by-step. I want aftermarket headlights but can't justify $250-350 for them.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

You buddy does solid work.
  6. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Thanks fellas.

[MENTION=12286]Jake[/MENTION]: Sorry to hear that man, I just had em done about 3 darts ago and I've passed AT LEAST 25 cops. AT LEAST. And I have not had one problem yet. *knocks on wood*. I guess they're not strict here in LA.

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION]: I will have the night shots up either Monday or Tuesday when I have access to my work computer. Stay tuned bro!

[MENTION=18638]wolf[/MENTION]: I can try to make but I didn't do my headlights myself. I payed my buddy $660 for my set up but you can get everything you'd need for less. Everything I have is from oraclelighting.com. you can get a halo kit for $200, switchbacks for $25 each, sidemarkers for $15 each (I think), and a wireless remote system for $70 or so. So it's not much as I payed for but I didn't want to mess anything up and he has done many many jobs like this so he knows what he's doing lol. Id imagine it's not that hard though.

@Surreal: Yes he does. I'll be going back to him for future mods.

Stay tuned early next week for night shots fellas!
  7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

Rick Hendricks here carries or at least sells Oracle, its nice stuff but $$$ so I haven't bought anything Oracle yet, but again the stealership over prices stuff so I will check amazon for Oracle stuff.

Apparently the automotive stuff is hidden on their site:

http://www.oraclelights.com/automotive-lighting-products
  8. serg

serg New Member

looks awesome
  9. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Those look AWESOME! Cant wait to see them in action in the night shots. Maybe you can do a video of them dimming and strobing... :great:
  10. AMac

AMac New Member

Wow, came out nice...good job!
  11. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, looks great! Nice job on that!
  12. Fonze

Fonze New Member

@nakranij: Yea it's pricey but looks awesome! I say only do it if you have the money for it. I've been saving up for this project and I am VERY pleased at how it came out. And yea I know, when you click on the oracles, it takes you to an external site. Probably just their top seller.

But we have a local Oracle warehouse/shop here where I live and that's where my buddy got the supplies from. He is actually a contracted local dealer for Oracle where I live.

@serg: Thanks. You should see em at night. Here is the only picture I have (at the moment) of them at night:

[​IMG]

I will put more pictures (and possibly a video!) tomorrow. I'll be taking more pics tonight.

@FirgginNoodles: Thanks bud! I'll put up some night shots tomorrow and I will try to do a video as well. :great:

@AMac: Thanks! I didn't actually do the work though but I'm sure my buddy would appreciate it!

@Steve: Thanks! All credit goes to my buddy.

ALSO: If anyone is interested, I'm sure my buddy would be able to work with anyone on their lights. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you his info. He does quality work and is pretty quick. All of this was done in roughly a week. I'm sure it would've been much quicker but I had asked him to clean my housings as well (which took him a while) plus he had to go pickup all of the parts. But instillation etc was a breeze.

Only problem with doing this with out-of-state customers would be the customer would have to drive down to him (here in New Orleans, LA) since he would need to install the wiring and all.

BUT, if anyone is nearby, or willing to drive, just let me know and I'll give you his info.

-EDIT-
    Here are some night shots as promised!
    (They didn't come out like I hoped, but you get the idea.)

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's only.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's, DRL's, Sidemarkers & HID's on.
    And the girlfriends car. :glasses:

I had to reduce the light output of my Halo's (I can control this with my controller) so the pictures could come out somewhat decent lol. Might try to take some different ones tonight (before it gets dark).

I also have 2 videos. I'll try to upload them.

-EDIT-
    Here is video 1. Blinkers.
    View My Video

Video 2 won't upload for some reason :(.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  13. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Fonze it looks really good. I've been researching and considering doing these halo's myself. What kind of HID's are you running and how does that time into the halos? Also does the halo's take the place of your DRL's?
  14. ChevyFan

I didn't read the whole thread (again), but what did this all cost?
  15. ChevyFan

[MENTION=50580]Fonze[/MENTION] you have to create a garage account on here and upload some of these photos. They're pretty sic to say the least. Very nice work.
  16. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Thanks @LOVINTHESTORM. My HID's are 35W 5K and are off brand. I picked them up from a local custom stereo/electronic store for $100. But everything is set up OEM. Meaning my headlights come on automatically while in drive, drl's turn on when dark, etc. My halo's are controlled by me through a wireless remote system I have set up under my hood. So the halo's only come on when I want them to. I manually turn off my HID's while driving during the day though so my halo's can shine bright. :glasses:

Also, my Halo's, DRL's, Sidemarkers and wireless contoller system all came from http://www.oraclelights.com/. There is a local Oracle warehouse/store here where I live so for my buddy, it was easy to get the parts he needed. Check em out. They are a little pricey but they are damn worth it!

Lol it's ok @Steve. I don't think I put the price anywhere yet but the entire set up including manual labor costs me $665. And according to my buddy, I got the cheapest set up LOL! He told me he has done jobs up to $1800 on some guys Camaro. I seen the Camaro and it has color shifting Halo's, painted housings, 2 rings per light (an outer and inner ring), fogs done as well and a wireless system. Looks BA but I couldn't justify $1800. But the main component for price is the Halo's themselves. White is the cheapest color, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Amber, etc are extra. So Color shifting is pretty pricey.

I could have painted my housing black for $50 (but he was going to do them for free for me) but I didn't want to do it because I wanted the clear look. Idk why lol. Now I wonder how it would've looked with black housings? :neutral:

All in all, it will be cheaper if you did the install yourself. ALOT cheaper. I had my buddy do it because he does it as a side job and I don't know what the hell I'm doing and didn't want to mess it up lol.

But check out the website: http://www.oraclelights.com/Default.asp

@Steve I uploaded them to my album. Is that what you mean?