1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Just Finished My Custom Headlights! 2008 GMC Sierra

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Fonze, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, looks great! Nice job on that!
  2. Fonze

Fonze New Member

@nakranij: Yea it's pricey but looks awesome! I say only do it if you have the money for it. I've been saving up for this project and I am VERY pleased at how it came out. And yea I know, when you click on the oracles, it takes you to an external site. Probably just their top seller.

But we have a local Oracle warehouse/shop here where I live and that's where my buddy got the supplies from. He is actually a contracted local dealer for Oracle where I live.

@serg: Thanks. You should see em at night. Here is the only picture I have (at the moment) of them at night:

[​IMG]

I will put more pictures (and possibly a video!) tomorrow. I'll be taking more pics tonight.

@FirgginNoodles: Thanks bud! I'll put up some night shots tomorrow and I will try to do a video as well. :great:

@AMac: Thanks! I didn't actually do the work though but I'm sure my buddy would appreciate it!

@Steve: Thanks! All credit goes to my buddy.

ALSO: If anyone is interested, I'm sure my buddy would be able to work with anyone on their lights. Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you his info. He does quality work and is pretty quick. All of this was done in roughly a week. I'm sure it would've been much quicker but I had asked him to clean my housings as well (which took him a while) plus he had to go pickup all of the parts. But instillation etc was a breeze.

Only problem with doing this with out-of-state customers would be the customer would have to drive down to him (here in New Orleans, LA) since he would need to install the wiring and all.

BUT, if anyone is nearby, or willing to drive, just let me know and I'll give you his info.

-EDIT-
    Here are some night shots as promised!
    (They didn't come out like I hoped, but you get the idea.)

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's only.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    10% bright. Halo's, Turn Signals & Sidemarkers.

[​IMG]
    100% bright. Halo's, DRL's, Sidemarkers & HID's on.
    And the girlfriends car. :glasses:

I had to reduce the light output of my Halo's (I can control this with my controller) so the pictures could come out somewhat decent lol. Might try to take some different ones tonight (before it gets dark).

I also have 2 videos. I'll try to upload them.

-EDIT-
    Here is video 1. Blinkers.
    View My Video

Video 2 won't upload for some reason :(.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts

Fonze it looks really good. I've been researching and considering doing these halo's myself. What kind of HID's are you running and how does that time into the halos? Also does the halo's take the place of your DRL's?
  4. ChevyFan

I didn't read the whole thread (again), but what did this all cost?
  5. ChevyFan

[MENTION=50580]Fonze[/MENTION] you have to create a garage account on here and upload some of these photos. They're pretty sic to say the least. Very nice work.
  6. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Thanks @LOVINTHESTORM. My HID's are 35W 5K and are off brand. I picked them up from a local custom stereo/electronic store for $100. But everything is set up OEM. Meaning my headlights come on automatically while in drive, drl's turn on when dark, etc. My halo's are controlled by me through a wireless remote system I have set up under my hood. So the halo's only come on when I want them to. I manually turn off my HID's while driving during the day though so my halo's can shine bright. :glasses:

Also, my Halo's, DRL's, Sidemarkers and wireless contoller system all came from http://www.oraclelights.com/. There is a local Oracle warehouse/store here where I live so for my buddy, it was easy to get the parts he needed. Check em out. They are a little pricey but they are damn worth it!

Lol it's ok @Steve. I don't think I put the price anywhere yet but the entire set up including manual labor costs me $665. And according to my buddy, I got the cheapest set up LOL! He told me he has done jobs up to $1800 on some guys Camaro. I seen the Camaro and it has color shifting Halo's, painted housings, 2 rings per light (an outer and inner ring), fogs done as well and a wireless system. Looks BA but I couldn't justify $1800. But the main component for price is the Halo's themselves. White is the cheapest color, Green, Red, Blue, Yellow, Amber, etc are extra. So Color shifting is pretty pricey.

I could have painted my housing black for $50 (but he was going to do them for free for me) but I didn't want to do it because I wanted the clear look. Idk why lol. Now I wonder how it would've looked with black housings? :neutral:

All in all, it will be cheaper if you did the install yourself. ALOT cheaper. I had my buddy do it because he does it as a side job and I don't know what the hell I'm doing and didn't want to mess it up lol.

But check out the website: http://www.oraclelights.com/Default.asp

@Steve I uploaded them to my album. Is that what you mean?