Just found the site!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by flyin6, Sep 7, 2008.

1. flyin6

flyin6 New Member

New to this site, but not to GM Trucks. You can see from my signature I am well stocked on GM products. Just purchased a Sierra Denali which is still (but not for long) stock. My Hummer H2 has engine, body, and suspension mods, and the burb is the people transporter.

I purchased the Denali while home on break from Afghanistan where I am now, but upon my return, will get to changing the truck. I see a lift, say 3", some tires and wheels, headers & exhaust, a programmer, and some bumper such as an ARB in the GMC's future. The Hummer will get a supercharger and the entire L92 head and intake setup as well as a com, and the Burb will just get whatever it needs to keep on going!
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member

:sign0016:
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the site and THANKS for your service to this country!
  4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator

Welcome to the site :sign0016:
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

Nice collection! My wife insists she needs an H2 LOL. Welcome to the site!
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

Great selection of vehicles! Welcome to the site!
  7. Calbaby968

Calbaby968 New Member

Welcome to the site. Nice selection of trucks. When you put your supercharger on the H2, is your mileage gonna go from 10 to 5 mpg?
  8. MWright936

MWright936 New Member

:sign0016: to the forum!!
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

welcome to the forum!
  10. flyin6

flyin6 New Member

The mileage currently stands at 12.1 for a combined highway, around town. I am replacing the huge (power robbing) fan with the 2500 electric fans when I get back this fall. I hear that is good for almost a mile per gallon.
    From what I hear, the supercharger only reduces mileage because fo 1. parasitic power requirement, and 2. the fact that you keep your foot into it. Never the less, it should still maintain in the neighborhood of 12, but who cares???
    It is not a driver, it could stay parked, and the Denali was getting 15 when I left. Not yet broken in and no tuning, so there is easily a coulpe MPG left in that rig which I will drive daily.
    So no worries...as long as that H2 can carve up Kentucky trails and drive safely over small foreign cars!
  11. flyin6

flyin6 New Member

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
  12. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

How long out of country??
  13. zippy

zippy New Member

Greetings and salutations, flyin6. Welcome aboard.
  14. flyin6

flyin6 New Member

This time is a shortie...I should be back 1st of Nov. Have continously been in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2005.